Up and Running
Spring openings include a fixed amount of labor at a reduced rate in order to get your system up and running properly for the upcoming season. During the Spring Opening service we perform the following:
- Open the system main water.
- On systems with pumps we re-wire, prime and/or submerge your pump.
- Verify the proper operation of each zone valve by manually activating it from the controller.
- Thoroughly inspect and test every zone or section.
- Check for proper operating pressure, proper rotation and adjustment of the sprinkler heads, and adequate coverage.
- Adjust any sprinkler heads that need adjustments.
- Check and clean filters on dirty sprinklers.
- Reprogram the controller for the desired watering schedule.
- Replace the controller back-up battery. (if requested)
- We will notify you of any repairs we see necessary. (no obligation)
The primary function of the Spring Opening is to ensure your system has made it through the winter.
The seasonal effects of freezing and thawing can be quite harmful when your system is not maintained properly.
Each spring we inspect and make the necessary adjustments to ensure the proper operation of your system.